Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stephanie Dianne at 40!


I've always been the type of person
that can't stand surprises.

One year I opened all my presents
under the christmas tree and taped them back up.
I thought I was pretty sneaky.
I wasn't.

Then there was the year
that I opened my presents so fast,
not even stopping to see what I had received.

Then I cried.

And my mom had to help me dig through
the wrapping paper to find my gifts.

My birthday is in 6 days
and yesterday I received a package in the mail from my Mom.

As I started to tear that ribbon off
I noticed the card said Stephanie at 40!
I was stopped in my tracks.

I'm NOT 40
and I'm NOT opening it until I am.

It's not stopping me from shaking it though :)

2 comments:

  1. My dear sister,

    As your partner in crime for the pre-opening and re-taping of the present, I must share this with you:

    I once mentioned this to the Roomies...Any gifts that Shauna & Jeff buy for me and any gifts that show up here at the house for me are hidden away from me in the depths of their closet until the time at which they will be opened.

    And I am happy to see that at your upcoming advanced age you are showing some restraint!!

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments ... leave me one please :)