Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms


I wanted to make something I had never made before. And I've never been a huge fan of mushrooms. Sure I like them on pizza and sometimes in my salad, but I've never popped a whole mushroom in my mouth and just melted from the flavor. Until now.

I found a recipe for stuffed mushrooms while perusing food blogs. The picture is what sold me. They just looked like little bites of deliciousness. And I had to try them.

So off to Oak Point Market I went for the following ingredients:

15 mushrooms
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup pecorino cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 TSP fresh thyme, chopped
1 TBSP fresh basil
salt and pepper
olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 350.
Clean mushrooms and remove stem.
Place mushrooms bottom side up in a parchment lined baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine cheeses, garlic, thyme & basil.
Season with salt & pepper.
Drizzle olive oil over mushrooms.
Fill each mushroom with the cheese filling.
Top mushrooms with another drizzle of olive oil.
Bake for about 25 minutes.


Verdict: The tops were a little crisp, but once you bit into the center, the cheeses were all melted and soft and yummy! I loved them! And Duane ate a few too. And he's definitely not a whole mushroom eater either!


So simple and delicious. I'll be making them again. Especially since I have more Pecorino to use up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments ... leave me one please :)